Welcome to the Blog Blitz and Giveaway for The Sleuth’s Dilemma by Kimberly Rose Johnson, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours!
ABOUT THE BOOK:
Title: The Sleuth’s Dilemma
Series: The Librarian Sleuth #2
Author: Kimberly Rose Johnson
Publisher: Mountain Brook Ink
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Release Date: February 1, 2019
Anna loves her job as a high school English teacher until everything goes sideways. The one bright spot in her life is Titus Gains, the school counselor, who is there for her at every turn.
Titus’ boss complicates his ordered world when she tasks him with running a meeting that changes everything. How had he not noticed Anna earlier? Someone is out to destroy her, and he can’t let that happen.
As the head of the English department, part of Luke Harms’ job is to make sure everything runs smoothly. Things went haywire when Anna was put in charge of the big writing contest. Entries are missing, Anna appears to be in danger, and her job is on the line. Luke is investigating and wants to make things right for this woman he’s starting to care about.
Can a trio of school officials along with Nancy Daley, the town sleuth, stop the saboteur before it’s too late? And will Anna choose the right man, or lose them both?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Award winning author Kimberly Rose Johnson married her college sweetheart and lives in the Pacific Northwest. From a young child Kimberly has been an avid reader. That love of reading fostered a creative mind and led to her passion for writing. She especially loves romance and writes contemporary romance and romantic mystery that warms the heart and feeds the soul.
Kimberly holds a degree in Behavioral Science from Northwest University in Kirkland, Washington, and is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers.
You can sign up for Kimberly’s newsletter via her website at: https://kimberlyrjohnson.com/
Q & A with Kimberly:
- When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? When I was in my early 30s.
- What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? Hmm. I have no idea! I’m actually not all that interesting in my process. I’m a seat of the pants writer which means I make it up as I go. Let me just say, this is not the easiest method with writing romantic mystery and it costs me a lot of extra time.
- What do you like to do when you’re not writing? I enjoy reading, watching Hallmark movies, spending time with friends and family, walking, traveling, and social media such as Instagram and Pinterest.
- What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your book? I’m not sure I learned this but I was surprised at how willing people are to answer my questions when I needed help with specifics. I took a teacher from the school where I worked out for coffee and picked her brain to make sure what I was writing was plausible.
- Do you have any suggestions to help someone become a better writer? If so, what are they? Read well written books in the genre you would like to be published in, attend a writer’s conference if at all possible. There’s nothing as inspiring as being around other writers. Plus you will learn a lot! Finally, I suggested finding a couple of book that specifically deal with your trouble areas. I don’t have many books on the actual craft of writing, but I do have several books that deal with specific things such as police procedure, a thesaurus, writing romance etc…
- What’s your favorite part about being a writer? Research? First Draft? Editing? I love creating the first draft. I’m not a fan of editing, or research—for me they aren’t fun. That being said, I always go through what I wrote the day before at the beginning of my writing time to not only refresh my memory but to edit. That is the first edit I do and I find it to be a great help in my writing process.
Thanks for having me on your blog!
(1) winner will win:
- $15 Amazon gift card
Enter via the Rafflecopter giveaway below. Giveaway will begin at midnight March 26, 2019 and last through 11:59 pm April 2, 2019. Open internationally as long as winner can accept gift card from US Amazon. Void where prohibited by law. Winners will be notified within 2 weeks of close of the giveaway and given 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Giveaway is subject to the policies found here.
Follow along at JustRead Tours for a full list of stops!