About the Book
Book: Texas Target Standoff
Author: Virginia Vaughan
Genre: Inspirational Romantic Suspense
Release date: March 1, 2021
A sniper lurks closer…
and only a navy SEAL can save her.
When psychologist Shelby Warren suddenly becomes a sniper’s target, navy SEAL Paul Avery springs into action to protect her. He needs her evaluation to get back to his team…and rescuing her might finally give him the redemption he’s been searching for. But when danger follows them to his family’s Texas ranch, keeping Shelby safe could be his most difficult assignment yet.
Click here to get your copy!
About the Author
Bestselling author Virginia Vaughan writes inspirational romantic suspense. Blessed to come from a large, southern family, her fondest memories include listening to stories recounted by family and friends around the large dinner table. She was a lover of books even from a young age, devouring gothic romance novels and stories of romance, danger, and love. She soon started writing them herself. A former investigator for the State of Mississippi, Virginia utilizes her criminal justice background with her love or writing to transform words into powerful stories of romance and danger.
More from Virginia
As writers, we discover many new and interesting things while researching a story. For TEXAS TARGET STANDOFF, I decided I wanted the hero to have a dog so I started looking at different photographs of dogs online until I found the one image I wanted to use—a sweet little border collie I named Bullet. He helps my navy SEAL hero find comfort and friendship while he’s recovering from injuries at his family’s ranch. But looking at dog photos on the internet did more than help my character grow, it also inspired me to adopt a dog of my own.
My home had been pet-free for many years since my beloved dog Miss Duchess died from cancer five years ago and, although the ten-year-old nephew I’m raising had been asking for a dog for about a year, I hadn’t reached the point of pulling the trigger and bringing another one home. Only the research I did for this book reopened that desire inside of me for canine companionship. In September of 2020, my son and I searched the shelters in search of a family dog and, when I spotted this adorable border collie mix, I knew we had to bring her home. We named her Ivy and, since joining our family, this sweet girl has brought us lots of love and laughter, plus a new adventure—dog training. I’ve never trained a dog in my life and little Ivy is a stubborn one. I’ve scoured YouTube for videos, taken classes, and worked daily on the simplest of commands like sit, wait, lie down. Slowly, we are making progress although barking, jumping, and walking on a leash are still some areas where we’re struggling.
I’d love to hear about your pets or your best training tips! To learn more about my family, including my training journey with Ivy, follow me on Facebook or subscribe to my newsletter at the links below. And look out for the next book—little sister Kellyanne’s story—in my Cowboy Lawmen series coming June 29, 2021.
Interview with Virginia
- When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? Thanks so much for having me on your blog today, Gina. Well, I’ve always made up stories. As a child I would even act them out. I wrote my first story in fourth grade and everyone ooh’d and aah’d over it. I remember being so proud and deciding then I wanted to be a writer. However, it would take me until my early twenties before I started writing my stories down and several more years to truly believe I could be published.
- What would you say is your most interesting writing quirk? I believe strongly that every writer needs to find his/her own writing process but what I’ve discovered is that my process is very unusual. I do not write linear. I will skip from scene to scene as I’m writing and often write a scene without having any clue where it will go in the finished book. After I finish my first draft, I then have to go back through the manuscript and put the scenes in order, kind of like a big jigsaw puzzle. It’s a crazy process, but it works for me!
- Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? I am a huge true crime fan. I listen to podcasts, watch shows and documentaries that focus on solving crimes, and read a lot. When I see something that interests me, I’m usually able to then play the “What if” game to turn an idea into a story.
- What do you like to do when you’re not writing? Read, or course, lol. I also love movies and binge watching TV shows. My current non-writing project however is binge watching dog training videos as I’m attempting to train the border collie/lab mix my family adopted a few months ago. It is, by far, one of the most challenging things I’ve done in a while!
- What project are you working on now and how do we find your books? I have several projects in the works at the moment including Book 5 of my Cowboy Lawmen series with Love Inspired Suspense. Book 3, TEXAS TARGET STANDOFF, released this month and can be found at the links below. The next book in the series, TEXAS BABY COVER-UP will release June 29th of this year. I’m super excited to be working on this series and can’t wait to share more of the Avery family with my readers.
Amazon — https://amzn.to/34mrJDB
B&N — https://bit.ly/2HIXSwG
Christianbooks.com — https://bit.ly/2TEXx0e
Book Reviews From an Avid Reader, March 12
For the Love of Literature, March 12
Through the Fire Blogs, March 12
Musings of a Sassy Bookish Mama, March 13
Bizwings Blog, March 13
Texas Book-aholic, March 14
Bigreadersite, March 14
Fiction Book Lover, March 14 (Guest Review from Donna Cline)
Genesis 5020, March 15
Hebrews 12 Endurance, March 16
For Him and My Family, March 16
Artistic Nobody, March 16 (Guest Review from Joni Truex)
Inklings and notions, March 17
Reviewingbooksplusmore, March 17
Older & Smarter?, March 18
deb’s Book Review, March 18
Debbie’s Dusty Deliberations, March 19
Blogging With Carol, March 19
Locks, Hooks and Books, March 20
Betti Mace, March 20
Mary Hake, March 20
Lighthouse Academy, March 21
Tell Tale Book Reviews, March 21
Truth and Grace Homeschool Academy, March 22
Blossoms and Blessings, March 22
Labor Not in Vain, March 22
KarenSueHadley, March 23
She Lives To Read, March 23
A Modern Day Fairy Tale, March 23
Happily Managing a Household of Boys, March 24
Ashley’s Clean Book Reviews, March 24
Pause for Tales, March 24
Gina Holder, Author and Blogger, March 25 (Author Interview)
HookMeInABook, March 25
Simple Harvest Reads, March 25 (Guest Review from Mindy Houng)
To celebrate her tour, Virginia is giving away the grand prize package of a $25 Amazon gift card and a copy of Texas Target Standoff!!
Be sure to comment on the blog stops for nine extra entries into the giveaway! Click the link below to enter.